1. Scope and Topics
We solicit original, unpublished research papers that focus on all aspects of visual information communication and interaction, either via images, computer graphics, animations, virtual reality, web, or other media. Research papers may address cognitive and design aspects, underlying theories, taxonomies, implementation work, tool support, and case studies. Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Aesthetics in visual communication
- Empirical studies of novel visual metaphors
- Cognitive aspects of visual information comprehension
- Visual analytics
- Visual communication metaphors
- Graph drawing and network visualization
- Visual approaches to knowledge discovery
- Computational aesthetics
- Visual interaction through multimodality
- Graphical user interface design
- Visual modeling languages and UML
- Influence of visual arts and design
- Visual programming languages
- Visualization on mobile devices
- Information visualization
- Human-computer interaction
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence
- Visualization on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and other fields
- Applications like SoftVis, BioVis, GeoVis, etc.
2. Paper Submission
Submissions that address research and development, as well as experience reports and tool demonstrations on the above and other related topics are strongly encouraged. Papers can be submitted as full papers, short papers and posters. Each submitted symposium paper will be peer-reviewed by at least three International Program Committee members. You are welcome to submit a paper to VINCI 2020. All accepted papers and posters will appear in the proceedings of VINCI 2020 published by ACM Press and made available in the ACM Digital Library (EI indexed). Moreover, authors of a number of selected full papers of high quality will be invited to prepare revised versions of their work for submission to a special issue of the Journal of Visual Computing for Industry, Biomedicine, and Art, and a special issue of the Journal of Visualization (SCI indexed).
Research papers and experience reports of up to eight (8), short papers of up to four (4), and tool demonstrations or posters of up to two (2) ACM double-column pages should be submitted through easychair.org. The review process will be single-blind. We appreciate the submission of videos or other supplemental material. Please provide a URL at the end of the submitted paper to enable the reviewers the download of your additional material. Detailed information on the electronic submission can be found at the end of this page.
3. Workshops and Tutorials
VINCI '20 is also soliciting proposals for full-day or half-day workshops and tutorials on topics that address areas of interest to the community. Proposals should not be longer than a maximum of 2 pages. In particular, workshop proposals should include:
- The title and a brief description of the specific issues that the workshop will address, the reasons why the workshop is of interest in these times, and the main research areas involved.
- Contact information of the workshop chairs, their competence in the proposed topic(s) and previous experience in chairing scientific events.
- A tentative list of program committee members.
- Intended length (half or full day) and a draft of the Call for Papers.
- It is expected that the workshop organizers will setup an own workshop web page as soon as the workshop proposal has been accepted.
Tutorials usually attract a broad range of audiences, including professionals, researchers, students, or practitioners, who wish to enhance their knowledge in the specific tutorial topic. Tutorials offer a unique opportunity to disseminate in-depth information on specific topics in visual information communication and interaction. Tutorial proposals should include short biographies of the proposers, a draft of the tutorial content, intended length, and evidence of the possibility of attracting audience to the tutorial.
It is possible to extend the symposium by one day in case many workshops or tutorials are proposed and accepted. Detailed information on the submission of workshop and tutorial proposals can be found at the end of this page.
4. Special Sessions and Panels
|Workshop proposal deadline
|April 20 July 20, 2020
|Tutorial proposal deadline
|April 20 July 20, 2020
|Full Paper submission deadline
|May 4 August 3 August 17, 2020
|Short Paper submission deadline
|May 4 August 3 August 24, 2020
|Poster (2 pages max) submission deadline
|June 1 September 1, 2020
|Notification of acceptance (papers & posters)
|June 22 September 23, 2020
|Camera-ready copy deadline (papers & poster)
|July 13 November 2, 2020
|July 15 November 6 November 14, 2020
|August 25-27 December 8-10, 2020
All submissions (regular papers, proposals of workshops/tutorial/etc) must be formatted using the ACM Proceedings Template (using sigconf format/template) and should consist of one single PDF file (please note: the authors of accepted papers will be later requested to submit source Latex or Word files during camera-ready version submission). The maximum length of each symposium paper is defined as follows.
- Full paper: up to 8 pages (including references)
- Short paper: up to 4 pages (additional 1 page only for references is allowed)
- Poster: up to 2 pages (including references) [Fast-Forward Template]
NOTE: All paper submissions should be made through the EasyChair conference management system. In case of any questions related to the submission process or conference program, contact the program chairs via email@example.com, please.
Workshop / Tutorial / Special Session / Panel proposals should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add the concrete proposal type to the subject line.
Publication NOTE: Once you have completed your eRights forms from ACM and have your camera ready copy ready, please send the final PDF and source files via email to email@example.com due
July 13 November 2, 2020. Please kindly ensure that you made the additions (permissions statement, ISBN, DOI, etc.) in the final PDF. Please note “VINCI2020 PaperID” in the email subject.